Thursday, September 11, 2008

pROJECT rENO

Hello my little bloggers. This new entry comes to you by request. Yes, I am in demand. Please forgive if this entry seems a little discombobulated. I am writing as I watch Project Runway. Yes, I said Project Runway. Don’t judge. I want to be like Heidi Klum and tell people they are OUT. How cool would my life be if I could look at someone who was really bugging me and say, _____ you are out. And then, if I really really liked someone, I could look at them and say ______ you are in. Uhhhhhh to have that much power!
I am going to take a page out of Odd Thomas and refer to everyone in Reno with nicknames. This being said, the first person I would tell off is Professor Ahem. Yes, my professor who can’t go 5 words without clearing his throat or saying the word okay. I am not high strung or anything, but it drives me crazy. I want to slap him and tell him to take a public speaking class. He also makes the most random connections. No one, ahem, in class can, ahem, follow his train, ahem of thought, okay, ahem. I am going to be in big, ahem, trouble, ahem because, I can already tell, okay, that I don’t, ahem, make the same connections, ahem, that he does.
That being said, my class at the community college is, how shall we say this, interesting. The guy who sits right next to me is studying to be a firefighter. Yes, I said firefighter. Drool. But alas, firedude is about as dumb as they come. How do I know this, drool? Because firedude is also my lab partner. Drool. Basically lab involves me happily doing all the work, trying to include firedude in the process. Here is a peek into lab today:
Me: Okay, firedude. We need to figure out the percentage of offspring that will be albinos. First we need to make a Punnett square. Is albinism dominant or recessive?
Firedude: Um . . . geez, um I have no idea.
Me: No problem, I will do it all. Just tell me is this a big “A” or a little “a.”
Firedude: Um . . . Big “A.”
Me: Yes! You are so smart! I will write the entire essay. You can just sit there and text your hot firefriends. Bat eyelashes. Firedude, you are IN!!!

4 comments:

Janet said...

I'd want firedude in too. :O) And I've totally had a Professor Ahem, so I'm feeling you on that one.

(By the way...this is Greg's wifey!)

Unknown said...

This post is IN!

Sarah said...

Firedudes??? I should move to Reno! How do you concentrate?

I agree, this post is IN!

An optimistic construct said...

You are hilarious! You would definitely win in battle of the blogs :/