Sunday, September 14, 2008

2 Hour Exam

About a month ago I randomly applied for a Library Aide position at the county library. It was only 15 hours a week and paid 17 bucks an hour. Who is going to pass that up? So last week I got a call asking me to come in and take a 2 hours exam. Yup. A 2 hour exam. For a Library Aide position - shelving books. LAME!! So, I show up to take my exam and there are about 50 people there. Yup, I said 50. Then I found out that this was the fourth session of testing. I am pretty sure every person in Reno applied for the job. 200 people taking a 2 hour exam! They don't send you the results for a month, and then interviews start. So in total it takes 2 months just to get an interview. 17 bucks in awesome, but that is ridiculous!

What else? I locked myself out of my apartment yesterday. LAME!!! I walked my study partner to the gate (Not firedude :( but Jane and Michael Banks. Jane and Michael Banks is one person. Her last name just happens to be Banks, so every time I hear her name I think of Mary Poppins and someone singing Jane and Michael Banks. Confused much?) So, in the 30 seconds it took me to walk to the gate all my roommates left and locked me out. :( It costs 15 bucks if you call the front office to let you in. Being the NOEL cheapskate I am, I decided to wait. An hour later, I realized it was Saturday night and my roomies were probably gone for the night. So I went to the apartment next door and called the office to come let me in (15 bucks!!). They told me they would be right over. AN HOUR LATER they show. During this time I got to hang out with my next door neighbors. I will refer to them as Q and Bloody Lips. Q didn't speak English very well and introduced himself as a letter of the alphabet. NOT A JOKE. Bloody Lips had just that, Bloody Lips. I know what you are wondering. And I have no idea. It isn't something you can ask in a polite conversation. Excuse me, Bloody Lips. I noticed that your lips are bleeding. Not just a part of them, but YOUR ENTIRE LIPS. Is that normal? So, to make a long story short, the lady shows up and hour later just as two of my roommates come home. 15 bucks!!!

Did I also mention that the smoke alarm is beeping every five minutes in the room next door?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad things are working out so well for you! LOL

Let's make a bet....I bet you a pedicure you get the Library job.

Unknown said...

I'll even give you the pedicure! (Wait, that probably wouldn't be a very nice reward would it.)

Greg said...

Personally, I don't think you will get the library job...if you put things on that two hour test like..."your entire lips"...I don't know that they are familiar with Napese in Dewy Decimal land...

Did you happen to think that the smoke alarm may be beeping because of the smoke coming from the vacuum used by Mr. Bloody Lips to cause his current state of entire lip bloodiness....?

Natalie said...

Alas, they were speedy on the score, but I didn't even get an interview. They are only going to interview the top 6 scores and I wasn't one of them. But, they were nice enough to let me know that I did pass the exam. I guess with 200 people, you had to get 100% to get an interview. LOL.