Thursday, October 2, 2008

JUST PLAIN WEIRD

I can't believe that I have never discussed Dr. Sensitive Ponytail Man, my physical anthro professor. He reminds me of the kid in junior high who tried so hard to be cool and failed miserably. Oh wait, that kid in junior high was me. He constantly name drops all the famous anthropologists he knows. That is like going to the school dance and asking your date which Dungeons and Dragons character is her favorite. This is an intro course. Everyone is there because they didn't want to have to take Biology instead.

I think I am having a cultural issue with one of my roommates, whom I will refer to as Mulan. She leaves everything outside of her room in the common areas. For example, currently outside her door are 6 pairs of shoes, a vacuum, and a huge pile of newspapers. These are a permanent fixture. Not too annoying except for the fact that her door is right at the top of her stairs, so every time I leave my room I have to navigate around them. I just know one day I am going to trip and take a nose dive down the stairs. She also has random stuff all over the house. Like in the upstairs living room she has a computer chair, microwave, laundry bag full of something, and about 8 big boxes. Downstairs living room is filled with a stack of her papers from last year. I can understand if her room is full and she needs extra space, but that is not the case. HER ROOM IS EMPTY. You open the door and it is clean and spotless. So random. Anywho, that is not the purpose of this paragraph. The real reason I gave you all of this information is because she has added a new addition to the living room. Right between the sofa and chair is a basket full of . . . PANTIES. Yup. I have no idea why. I find this highly disturbing. I mean, I can handle the other stuff, but keeping your panties in the living room is just plain weird. How would you suggest I handle this?

"Hi Mulan! I noticed you are keeping your panties in the living room. I have no idea what else to say. That should be enough."

And what is she thinking? Hmm . . I have no idea where to keep my panties. The drawer? No. The closet, too obvious. I know! The living room. It is sooo perfect. Why didn't I think of this sooner?"

So my fellow bloggers, what should I do about the pantie situation?

4 comments:

Janet said...

Dude. That's where I keep my panties. Are you saying there's something wrong with that!?

Seriously though, I think you should start wiping your nose and cleaning up messes with them. In front of her. Obviously they are there for public use, so you should take FULL advantage!

Sarah said...

Janet has it! Start using them as dust rags and napkins. (unless they are dirty - yuck) You could also use them as coasters for guests.

Good thing you aren't just leaving your panties around. That would make for some good conversation eh?

Liz said...

welllll...can you just deposit them in her spacious room? That way if she asks how her undies got in such a strange place, you can bring it up. You can share your feelings on her organization choices...that they suck. Sorry you have crazies.

Greg said...

I am in favor of giving said panties to pony-tailed Dr. Sensitive, and let him name drop anthros, and pantie drop to give him that extra air of coolness! That is the ticket! Good luck with that.

I think you should just start wearing her shoes and panties. That would be the best way to get her to stop leaving them outside. Use her vacuum to clean the hair out of your brush, and leave the newspapers next to the toilet with melted chocolate smudges for effect...then to top it all off, start marking up her old papers with red pen and tell her why she will never make it as an Anthro nerd.

If that fails, tell her there is a rice shortage, and her mother country needs her.