Monday, August 25, 2008

First day of class: Graduate Seminar in Cultural Anthropology. 15 students. 9 women, 6 men. 8 Masters students, 7 PhD students. Yup, I said PhD students. I have to hold my own against them. Craptastic.

Class begins with an roll call of sorts. State your name, credentials, and focus. For example: Jane Doe, BS in Anthropology - MA in Archeology, focus Archeology especially zooarcheology. After 13 other people introduced themselves each with a clear focus - Me: Natalie, BS in Psychology - have no idea what my focus is. My professor: Good luck Miss Psychological. Natalie: flipped professor off and ran out of class. Okay, everything but the last part happened. So I basically looked lame. Oh well.

Section 2 consisted of watching a film about how truth is relevant. I am pretty sure that it was from 1982 because the computers it featured reminded me of War Games. Said film followed British professor around the world explaining how no one can really know anything. Only part I remember - insane 1982 special effects showing a witch getting burned at the stake and her face melting off (think Raiders of the Lost Ark). 5-6 page paper on movie is due next week. Pretty sure professor does not want me to mention movie references.

Can anyone name the Christian League reference?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I can name the reference but I had to Google it, so I won't give it away.

So is your new nickname HMMP? (High Maintenance Ms. Pychological)

Greg said...

I am confused...did you flip the professor off, and just not run out? How encompassing is the "last part" of your post? I think you should make friends with the crazy person in the Provosts office, and have his vehicle towed no matter where he parks! That would be awsome...prove how Psychological you can be!

Natalie said...

I wished I had flipped him off. That would have been awesome. But, alas, I am not that cool. :(

Sarah said...

I just want to know if you have had a slice of cheese pizza yet?

An optimistic construct said...

I can only wish I would be as cool as you are one day :)