Sunday, November 2, 2008

Fly Your Freak Flag

My sister-in-law recently announced to the world that she has an unhealthy attachment to cleaning supplies. Her bravery has inspired me to admit that I too have an unhealthy attachment to cleaning supplies commercials. Specifically the commercials where mops and brooms send candy, flowers, and mariachi bands to try and win back their position in the household. I think they are hilarious. For some reason giving inanimate objects human characteristics is my kind of humor. I love to see them anxiously peering around the corner to see if their gift will be accepted. I especially love the broom coming out of the potatoes. And the use of seventies love songs is sheer genius. In fact, I get a little disappointed each time the doorbell rings and there is no flower delivery from Mr. Mop. :(

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Um, my attachment is not unhealthy in any way. I have a very strong relationship with each and every cleaning product I own. I respect their power and they, in return, do everything I ask and more.

You, however, are hoping a mop will talk to you? That concerns me.

Greg said...

I have a confession to make...I feel a strong affinity to my power tools. Each and every time I reverently turn my power drill to the HAMMER DRILL setting, I get that oh-so excited feeling in the pit of my stomach. Almost as if to say "Drill, with you in my hand...No wall can stand in my way!"

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...the fly your freak flag tag....I like it! Much more interesting than those mushy "why do you love your husband" ones. Also, I have to agree with you giving any inanimate object human characteristics is hilarious.